Welcome to the Chakra Yin – Yin Yoga series. When we have the awareness that our being goes beyond the physical shell, it opens up a whole new world. The Chakra system is part of our ‘energetic body.’ We can not ‘see’ or ‘find’ in a medical autopsy, but it doesn’t mean it is not there. Traditionally Chakra means ‘spinning wheel’ in Sanskrit. A Chakra is a vortex of concentrated lifeforce energy that has its unique characteristics. There are seven Chakras in the primary system. They are located from the base of our spine to the crown of our head.
We can connect with our energy body through feeling and being in tune. When our energy body is not shining radiantly, we have a knowing that something is off. Having an awareness of the Chakras and their functions can assist us to be more in flow with life.
To assist you in connecting and getting to know the primary Chakras, Kat has created a unique series of Yin Yoga classes called Chakra Yin. Each 45-minute class has been sequenced around each Chakra centre. Kat shares her intuitive wisdom about the focused Chakra while you marinade in the Yin Yoga shapes.
- A yoga bolster, block and a blanket.
- Or a few pillows/cushions and a blanket.
Preparing for class:
- Make a space with enough room around your yoga mat to spread out.
- Choose your favourite relaxation music as this video does not contain a soundtrack. Search Spotify for Yin||Peace or Yin||Calm by Kat.
- Turn the lights down and let people know not to disturb you. Put your phone on flight mode or ‘off.’
- Not essential but setting the scene by diffusing your favourite oil blends – I love Lavender, Bergamot & Frankincense.
- Remember to work within your own capabilities, stop if something hurts and manage any injuries.
- Don’t forget to relax and have fun, it’s only yoga!
- Please, consult with your medical doctor or health care professional before beginning any exercise course. If at any time during the class, you feel discomfort or strain, gently come out of the posture. You may rest at any time during the class. It is important in yoga that you listen to your body, and respect its limits on any given day.
- You understand that yoga includes physical movements. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. You are voluntarily participating in the class and you agree to do so at your own risk. You hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims that you have now or may have hereafter against Kathryn Gregory and all related facilities and premises for any personal injury or negligence. Additionally, Kathryn Gregory is not in any way responsible for any loss or damage of your personal property.
- You understand that Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions. By participating, you affirm that a licensed physician has verified your good health and physical condition to participate in such a fitness program if required. Please note, some exercises are not suitable for pregnancy and we recommend a program designed specifically for pregnancy.
- Any guidance or intuited wisdom presented is for entertainment purposes only. Please seek professional guidance and/or counselling for any mental or physical health issues.