Course Exchange for July 2021:
Early Bird exchange until Friday 26th March 2021, paid in full before this date: $1230*
Full price exchange after Saturday 27th March 2021: $1430*
(Final payments by Monday 12th July 2021)
Deposit: A $350* non-refundable deposit from the total exchange is required with your application to secure your place. Course places cannot be held without a deposit.
Please pay all course exchanges and deposits to be paid via Try Booking:
Payment plans are available upon request. All payments must be made before the course commencement, no exceptions. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date, we reserve the right to treat your enrolment as cancelled and no monies are refundable.
Cancellation by student:
Should you choose to cancel your enrolment up to Monday 28th June 2021 all course fees already paid thus far, less the non-refundable deposit ($350) and a $10 payment reversal fee, will be refunded.
No refunds apply to cancellations after Tuesday 29th June and all payments owing are recoverable. Additional cancellation fees may apply.
Cancellation by Kathryn Gregory course director:
The course director reserves the right to cancel or change any part of the course at any time. If the course is cancelled all fees already paid, including the deposit, will be refunded in full.
Your enrolment may be cancelled at any time by the course director for mental and physical health reasons, non-attendance, disruption of others in the course, serious damage to the venue or any behaviour deemed disrespectful. No refunds will be given in these cases. Medical reasons will be reviewed at the course director’s discretion in regards to refunds.
Cancellation of course due to COVID-19:
If the course is cancelled due to COVID-19 lockdown or cannot run due to WA Government advice all fees already paid, including the deposit, will be refunded in full. Or you will be offered the option of transferring your fees to a later date. The course will not be offered online.
If you cannot attend the course due to self-isolation/quarantine measures/testing positive for COVID-19 you must contact the course director as soon as possible to make arrangements. In these circumstances, refunds will be arranged on a case-to-case basis. Evidence must be provided, that you have been told by the WA Government to isolate in order to receive a full refund.
If you have been isolating prior to the course you MUST provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test and complete the mandatory 14-day isolation period before you will be granted attendance to the course. Failure to do so may result in you losing your place and deposit/percentage of the course fees paid.
If you are no longer able to attend the course you may apply for a transfer to a course at a later date, if available. Please, notify the course director by email at least two weeks prior to commencement. No transfers are granted after two weeks prior to commencement. Please refer to the student cancellation policies.
100% attendance is required to graduate from the course. Failure to attend all parts of the course will forfeit certification. If make-up classes are required (subject to approval) these are at the student’s extra expense and time outside of the course dates. Please consider this when enrolling.
Course Registration & Prerequisites
Entry requirements for the course is a keen interest to learn and be open to all experiences. To qualify to teach Yin Yoga, register with recognised industry bodies or obtain mandatory insurance cover you must hold a minimum entry level of 200-Hours in any style of Yoga Teacher Training certification.
Non-teaching students wishing to expand their knowledge are welcome to join the course. They will be rewarded a certificate of completion. If you choose to enrol into a course and do not hold the required qualifications for entry, you do so know that you will not be qualified to teach.
Recommended Reading List:
- Insight Yoga – Sarah Powers
- Yin Yoga – Paul Grilley
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga – Bernie Clark
- Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff
- The Science of Yoga – William J Broad
- Your Body, Your Yoga – Bernie Clarke
- Mindfulness for Beginners – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Anatomy Trains – Thomas Myers
- Between Heaven and Earth – Harriet Beinfield & Efren Korngold
The course director and teaching staff are not qualified, medical professionals. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in good health to participate physically and mentally in the course. You agree to self-manage any known injuries and look after your mental health.
If you are under the care of a medical professional for an existing condition, physical, mental or emotional, please obtain medical clearance to take part in this yoga intensive. If you are unable to complete the course due to medical reasons once the course commences refunds cannot be offered.
If you are pregnant, please alert all teaching staff prior to commencement and have clearance from your doctor to participate in physical activity. Pregnant students agree to take offered modifications and agree to sit out of any activity that is not suitable for their stage of pregnancy. Please, alert a staff member if you feel unwell and can no longer take part in any of the activities.
Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
- Please, consult with your medical doctor or health care professional before beginning any exercise-based course. If at any time during the course, you feel discomfort or strain, gently come out of the posture. You may rest at any time during the class. It is important in yoga that you listen to your body, and respect its limits on any given day.
- You understand that yoga includes physical movements. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. You are voluntarily participating in the class and you agree to do so at your own risk. You hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims that you have now or may have hereafter against Kathryn Gregory and all related facilities and premises for any personal injury or negligence. Additionally, Kathryn Gregory is not in any way responsible for any loss or damage of your personal property.
- You understand that Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions. By participating, you affirm that a licensed physician has verified your good health and physical condition to participate in such a fitness program if required. Please note, some exercises are not suitable for pregnancy. Modification may be recommended.
- Any guidance or intuited wisdom presented is for educational/entertainment purposes only. It is in no way presented to diagnose, treat or manage health conditions. Please, seek professional guidance and/or counselling for any mental or physical health issues.
Filming and Photography
During the course, photography, audio, and video recording may occur. You consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes, advertising, website content, social media, or any other purpose by Kathryn Gregory. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar events in the future.
If you do not wish to be captured in photography, audio, and video recording, please let the course leader know on Day 1 or prior to the course commencement.
By entering the course venue, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use of any photo, video, or audio. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the course.
No part of the course content/lectures/classes is to be audio or video recorded by students. Personal photos/video are accepted. Please, be respectful of other students when taking photos/video for personal use. Ask permission of any students you capture in photos/video before posting anywhere online.
Claims & Complaints
If you have a complaint about the course, please inform your teacher at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means, then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 7-days after the problem arises.
Code of Conduct
To guarantee each student the best experience possible Kathryn Gregory & teaching staff asks:
- Please sign each morning to mark your attendance.
- Classes/lectures begin on time, so arrive before the start time of the class. Entry into the venue is not guaranteed for students who arrive late.
- Please plan to stay for the entire time of each workshop and class. Leaving the room should be strictly limited to urgent matters.
- No mobile phones are to be used during lectures and must be on flight mode/silent.
- Questions are welcomed in lectures at appropriate times but please no social conversations.
- Treat others exactly the way you want to be treated. We will not tolerate students that are rude, insulting, or offensive to the staff and fellow students. We reserve the right to ask those behaving in this manner to leave the premises.
- Respect the venue and treat it as your own. Clean up after yourself, take your rubbish home and leave the venue as you found it, clean and tidy. Any damage to the venue and its facilities/equipment must be paid for by those responsible.
• Have a positive attitude, open mind, and have fun!